"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Poet Test & Stuff

I've had several responses so far to the Poetry Test below. I'm extending the deadline a bit.

I don't know if this will change the candidness of responses, but I will say this: all of the poets represented are people I know personally. The particular poems I posted were more or less random choices (pick up book, flip to page with short poem, google poet name on web, etc.)

*

It's raining here today after a week of gorgeous sunny summery weather. Bleah.

*

Last night I got drunk in a not-Irish bar and sang Clash songs loudly and offkey before spilling half a beer on one of my drinking companions. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but I hardly know the poor woman who ended up wearing most of my beer--so I did nothing but confirm her probable impression of me as a drunk asshole. A drunk asshole who knows most of the words to London Calling (the whole album).

*

Besides Irish Whiskey and green beer, the only thing I ate yesterday was a potato. That was very Irish of me. I cooked it in Extra Virgin olive oil (green) and sprinkled it with fresh sage (also green). I didn't wear any green clothes.

*

I tried to quote Yeats at the bar but I only managed one line.





No comments: