"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Goodish News

There's a new Jay Bennett record out. That's good news. I shall purchase it.

*

My department is giving away old computers to folks working on dissertations. I get a free office computer--my choice of Mac or PC. Oldish, but still free. How cool is that?

*

Just received a letter from the Humanophone herself, Janet Holmes, telling me that my book, "lucky error" was a semifinalist for the Sawtooth Prize! Made my day. Mad props are also due to Josh Corey and Aaron McCollough, both of whom were finalists! And of course to Noah Eli Gordon, who won. As Tony Tost mentions in a recent post at The Unquiet Grave, it seems as if the blogosphere is the new Iowa.

No comments: