"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, June 03, 2004

This is what I did with those potatoes:



I roasted the Yukon Golds in a 350 degree oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I chopped fresh sage and scallions and sauteed a couple of ounces of pancetta until crisp.

Potatoes, slightly cooled but still warm, went into the bowl along with scallions, pancetta, and sage. The whole was dressed with an on-the-fly vinaigrette I concocted from honey, vinegar (red wine & balsamic), extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, a bit of spicy brown mustard, and one finely minced clove of garlic.

I think this is the best thing I've eaten all week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you use table salt, kosher salt or sea salt?

Anthony Robinson said...

Kosher salt, of course. Diamond brand.