"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Po Dailier

Stuart Greenhouse asks what I'll do if I like the poem at Poetry Daily on a particular day. Good question. I noticed that John Latta has a nifty one up over there right now, and Alpay Ulku had some zoo poems (from Northwest Review) appear on Po Daily the other day. I was actually a bit irritated that I didn't get to the Ulku first, as I was the editor responsible for getting them into NWR. But no matter. So back to Stu's question--my criteria for inclusion in Poetry Dailier is pretty simple: if I like a poem, I post it. I know that the name of the blog and the mission statement make it seem like I'm actively opposing the work of the good folks at Poetry Daily. I'm not. I'm simply offering an alternative, or even better, a supplement.

No comments: