"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Friday, April 22, 2005

Song of Songs (Shir ha-Shirim) 2:5


Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.


*

Over The Rhine, "Long Lost Brother."


I thought that we'd be further along by now.
I can't remember how we stumbled to this place.
I loved you like a long lost brother
On a bad day maybe I thought "why bother?"
I've seldom seen so much anger in a face.
I want to do better. I want to try harder.
I want to believe down to the letter.
Jesus and Mary, can't you carry us
Across this ocean, into the arms of forgiveness.
I don't mean to laugh out loud
I'm tryin' to come clean, tryin' to shed my doubts,
Maybe I should just keep my big mouth shut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is too much, lots of funnies.

über alles dada pogrom :)

www.dadapogrom.com