"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Friday, May 20, 2005

Not Blogging

has been good.

I imagine I'll return to more or less regular blogging when I'm a little less busy with school and when I actually have something positive to say. Or several somethings.

In the meantime, I'm still here, finishing up the term. Still sad, but stable.

I'm currently working on a collaborative project with Andrew Mister. Tentatively titled "Don't Get Me Started," it's a collection of "daily" poems written in the style of Lennon-McCartney, which is not to imply that they're that good, but that each poem bears both of our names, regardless of who actually "wrote" it. We are revising each other's drafts, as well, so each poem has the other's imprint in some way.

Titles include:

Independent Living Resources
Joe Massey Drinks Steel Reserve
Lennon-McCartney
Check Your Inbox
Some Stupid Shit Is Happening At Work

Maybe we'll make a chapbook with free decoder ring.

In other (really weird) news, Sandra Simonds has an "interview" with "me" up at her blog.

*

Does anybody need a date to the prom? Girl poets? Cute boy poets? Anyone?

5 comments:

Alison Stine said...

Once really bored in Ohio, my then-college boyfriend and I drove around, following a large searchlight until it led us right into the parking lot of a high school's senior prom (theme: Hollywood glamour). It seemed like a sign. We didn't go in, and I've always regretted that.

C. Dale said...

That interview is awesome! As for prom dates, do people still go to proms? I'd go to prom with you. But since I already have one half-mexican, I couldn't go past 2nd base. You know, I am taken and all.

RL said...

BobNewhartFan?!?!? WTF?

Ok, I love Bob Newhart too. Did you see him recently on Desperate Housewives?

I named dropped you at my reading in Carrboro.

Cause I was nervous and wanted to impress people.

I think it worked.

Anthony Robinson said...

Alison,

I didn't go to my senior prom. I had to work really early the next day.

C.Dale,

I don't know if I could take you to prom. Jacob and all. Thanks for liking the really strange interview. I must warn you--she edited out all the really good parts. I said funny stuff and she edited it out.

Reb,

As I don't watch Desperate Housewives, I missed Bob. I used to see an episode or two back in the day when I had a cute girl who came to my house on Sundays. She doesn't come over anymore, so no DH for me. :(

Now--what did you say about me in Carrboro?


Tony

RL said...

What I said about you was recorded and will eventually be up on the Carrboro Poetry Festival site. Not sure when that'll be, but it shouldn't be too long.