"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bits & Pieces

This morning I managed to shave my head without shaving off part of my left eyebrow. First time in a long time! I did nick the skin behind my left ear, however.

*

Finally got Limewire. Haven't had much luck downloading anything though. Stupid dial-up.

*

Andy Larsen, Liquor Store employee, family man, and former lead singer and guitarist for the terrible Eugene band "Blasphemous Abnormality" recorded a homemade solo disc a few years ago. I've begun listening to it and it's strangely growing on me. I don't have the actual disk, though, so I don't know the names of the songs. They're on my iTunes as "andy1," "andy2," etc. "andy3" is a pretty good track.

*

I was gonna post a photograph of a New Sincerist in his or her undies on here. I decided against it. If you would like to protest my decision, fill the comment box.

*

In other local music news, try really hard if you can to find music by Ezra Holbrook and Lael Alderman/Lael Leroy. Two dynamite artists who got fucked over by the corporate music goons in the late nineties. I still listen to their gorgeous records. We should start a revival. If you want a disk, send me postage and I'll make you a CD. Offer limited (at this time) to the first five respondents.

*

No exciting coffee girl news today.

*

The Tiny is f'ing great! Get it!

*

Call for poems! Send me one poem of yours (published or unpublished) to the Gmail account. Do it today. You have until 5 pm. The best poem (or the one I like best, at least) will go up on Poetry Less Than Daily.

*

Speaking of Less Than Daily, a new poem by Maggie Nelson is up. The poem was originally published in The Tiny.

5 comments:

gina said...

Hey Tony, thanks for plugging the tiny. Also thanks for not putting the picture up. You have made the right decision.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

I would send something for PLD, but I don't know your Gmail address. :-(

Mara said...

Awww... you did a nice job on your shiney little pate....

::looks around::

Where's the turtle wax?? ::grin::

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Hahaha, I'm blind.

gina said...

Only naked is more sincere. Don't put that picture up either.