"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I have hit a new low!

What do I do for fun on an August afternoon? I go to Safeway. Yep. Pretty sad.

I have other options, it’s true. I can watch television, but I do enough of that. I could start drinking early, but if I do that, sans companions, I’ll end up watching television.

I could work on the dissertation, but that’s not fun. I could read for pleasure, but that’s also not very pleasurable these days.

What’s left?

Safeway. I could go the ECE again, but I was there already today and I really don’t need any more caffeine.

I’m broke, but I can walk around Safeway, pretending to shop, and pondering the Big Questions, like

“Is honey the only product that normally comes in bear-shaped containers?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were home, I would come entertain you!

Miss you,
Lx.