"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Quotidian

I get jealous when I read blogs of Manhattanites and Brooklynites that announce poetry readings. I am jealous because we don't have poetry readings out here in Oregon. We just have hippies.

*

This morning a crazed man, white hair, screaming, walking a bicycle, stared me down for half a block. As I approached, his scowl turned to a smile, and he laughed and patted me on the shoulder.

*

My back hurts.

*

The new issue of Octopus has been occupying me this morning. Check it out. Matt Hart talks about sincerity.

*

I am the happiest I've been in...well, since I can remember.

*

NP: St. Dominic's Preview.

*

Busy tracking references to violence in The Sonnets.

*

Send David Shapiro an email. He would probably appreciate it.

2 comments:

shanna said...

You could start a reading series, you know. You don't even need a bookstore, just a good bar and a weekend afternoon once a month. (& Eugene is pretty conveniently located between Seattle/Portland and the Bay Area, which attract lots of poets already.)

Whimsy said...

Boy, Tony. You should see what the reading schedule looks like in Longmont. Even Denver is pretty spotty, and Boulder is isolated to one monthly Many Mountains Moving Salon. Yeah, maybe Shanna's right, we should just start our own.