"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Monday, January 23, 2006

23 Days In

I've been living in the new apartment since October 1st. I thought moving in here would be weird, for reasons that those of you who know me and the former resident will understand.

Well, in fact, it's been perfectly nice. The tiny kitchen has not hindered my ability to cook much, and in fact, I'm doing a lot more regular daily food than I used to. So I think I'm saving money in the long run.

*

In the nearly four months I've lived here, I haven't written a single poem. However, I did receive my Lungfull! and Bedside Guide copies, which are lovely things.

*

My weekend was surprisingly full and fulfilling. Check out most of it here.

Well, I mean, I guess it's not surprising, actually. I was with wonderful people.

Friday, after randomly encountering Molly at the Post Office, L and I met with her and Jake and others for some trivia action. We won. That's how damn good we are. Made promises to have Bier Stein scrabble night soon.

Covert-Beckner and I did a lot of reminiscing this weekend. I feel like we were giving L a history lesson of our strong and enduring and weird friendship. We've done some weird stuff. Like "Fervor," for example--the best game ever. I'd describe Fervor here if I could, but you really kind of have to be there.

Dim Sum at Legin on Division in PDX. Gelatinous cubes for dessert. I made my saving throw, however, and didn't have to eat them.

We also watched "Gigli." I can't even begin to explain.

Danced (!) at Crush to "Naive Melody." A positively fantastic moment. Ate sausage at Amnesia Brewing. Tried to eat at Pok Pok on Division, but had no success. Closed and such.

Today has been less-productive than I'd have liked. So it goes.

(I'm teaching Slaughterhouse-Five tomorrow. Thus, the refrain.)

*

Kevin M.! Where are you?

No comments: