"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Monday, March 13, 2006

Austin 1919

Venetian blinds conceal what your ceiling won’t give up
which is to say nobody’s spilling it open for you’re
someone I thought when I was younger that to be confident
was to be pretty damn sure that I was an integral
part of something in a system of something else
importance of self of a certain knowing carriage
could take me lands away could salvage an old tale
but it’s really about finding an interesting word & making
a figure not for the ages but for the now inflating
a monument to the moment the man with the penis
& the briefcase who said something about a briefcase
because I’m paraphrasing here something a ghost
told me when he couldn’t stand still long enough
to be a friend & for that I’m concealing an inability to love.

No comments: