"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Monday, December 18, 2006

HOLIDAY STUFF

I am being shamelessy Schomburgian today. This is what I want for Christmas/Hannukkah/Kwanza/Boxing Day.

1. John Cale's Paris 1919, the remastered version with a complete disc of outtakes, alternate versions, etc.

2. New shoes. Something casual but not out of place in a dressier setting. Those of you who know me know that I don't really do "dressy" so this shouldn't be difficult. Size 9.5

3. Soup Bowls. A set of four or six.

4. Diana Kennedy's From my Mexican Kitchen: Techniques and Ingredients

5. A new bed. Queen.

6. New sheets and/or comforter. Green, to match my walls.

7. A bunch of frequent flyer miles so I can fly places.

8. A t-shirt with something witty in Hebrew.

9. Claudia Rankine's Don't Let Me Be Lonely

10. Other new good books of poetry.

*

NOW, the important part--If you are a friend, lover, former lover, bosom pal, loved one, family member, or someone with an at least tangential relation to me, send me your gift requests. I will try to buy you something nice.

1 comment:

julie said...

I think these are all valid requests. I would think twice before allowing someone else to select my shoes, though. You could end up with tassles.

Oh, and I'm tagging you to play (reindeer) blogger games because they made me. See today's post.