"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A commentator has recently noted that she learns more about who I really am by reading my blog and poems than from actually talking to me. I am, as they say, guarded. I suppose. I feel like I'm a pretty emotionally honest person. In any case, this interests me because the other comment I get (from people who knew my blog before they knew me) is that I am somehow "softer" or "nicer" in person than on the blog. Discuss among yourselves.

*

I spent Valentine's day doing these things: working, eating a sandwich, drinking several beers, listening to Billy Bragg on repeat, trying not to think too hard about anything that would send me into a tailspin of out of control self-pity.

I think I did okay.

2 comments:

Sandra Simonds said...

you talked to me and toast on V day.

don't forget that!

Anonymous said...

The commentator stands by her comment. Perhaps these other commentators who found you softer or nicer in person thought so because when writing rather than speaking people tend to be stuffier, more critical, or more intellectual/academic. Discuss amongst yourself.

p.s. I wonder if people think I am a Chicago fan...