"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

very exciting things!

I have finally discovered RSS feeds. I may never leave my computer now.

*

Last night I cooked a meal from Fuchsia Dunlop's excellent Revolutionary Chinese Cookbook: Recipes from Hunan Province. I served a fresh cilantro salad alongside "Hot & Dry Street Noodles," and General Tso's Chicken, which is not a traditional Hunan dish, but one invented by a chef from Hunan who began making it in his Taiwan restaurant in the 1950s. He came to the States in the early 70s and foisted his creation on an eager American public already tiring of Cantonese food. I'll post a pic here later.

*

Fresh strawberries!

*

Went out this morning on a walk/run. Covered about 4 miles or so. Not a bad start. I should have gone earlier, though, because by 10:30 it was already pretty warm out there.

*

I plan on spending tomorrow in the office working on an editing project. Hopefully, it won't be more than a couple days work. Then, I begin my very light summer work schedule, which involves coming in on Wed, Thu, and Fri mornings. Free lunch included on Friday!

With the extra time on my hands I have two main goals: dissertate, work on poems. Let's hope this works out.

*

Are there any local girls who want to accompany me to a wedding or two next month? I have one on the 7th and one on the 15th. If you're not local, but rich, fly in! It'll be fun.

*

Currently reading:
How to Read a Poem
, Terry Eagleton.
A Conversation with David Antin, Charles Bernstein and David Antin.

1 comment:

a-smk said...

To,

Where have you been? Hotemuluv is requesting verse from you. Head on over there, please.

Plus, write me sometime. Miss the conversing. Your site always makes me hungry.

So