"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Top Eleven Things I Did On New Year’s Day, 2005

1. Threw out all my wire hangers.

2. Did two loads of laundry.

3. Attempted, with little success, to scrub bathroom tile grout.

4. Swept kitchen and living room floors.

5. Purchased coffee from Evil Coffee Imperialists.

6. Rediscovered the Talking Heads’ “Speaking in Tongues.”

7. Changed flat tire on my raggedy ol’ bicycle.

8. Cleaned out fridge.

9. Bought groceries.

10. Cooked some sole in a makeshift mojo sauce.

11. Revised Lucky Error again.

6 comments:

Charles said...

NO MORE WIRE HANGAHS!

Anthony Robinson said...

Well Whims,

I've encountered dozens of recipes for mojo sauce, but I never seem to be able to locate them when I actually want to make it.

Here's what I did last night:

Finely chopped one scallion
Thinly sliced three cloves of garlic
Sauteed the above on medium-low heat in about 1/4 cup of olive oil.

When the garlic is lightly browned and the scallion nearly burnt (oh yeah, you should start the scallion first at higher heat, then add the garlic after a few minutes, and reduce heat. scorched scallion is tasty. scorched garlic is not.)

Off the heat, whisk in 1/8-1/4 cup of citrus juice to taste. (I used equal parts lemon and lime, though a mixture of orange and lime is my favorite. The "real thing" calls for something called a sour orange, but I've never seen a sour orange.)

Add salt.

If the mixture is too acidic, I like to mellow things a bit with a couple teaspoons of honey. This is highly unorthodox, but delicious.

Pour over fried fish.

Yum.

Oh yeah, before you serve, tear some cilantro sprigs over the whole mess.

Hugs,
Tony

A. D. said...

Mojo sauce is great. GOYA's 'Mojo Criollo' is actually a very good one that you could use in perfecting your own recipe--though I have to admit that yours already sounds quite good.

Unknown said...

T-Rob,
Is mojo related to a mojito?
Dill

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I thought mojo sauce was slang for semen. As in: I sprayed my mojo sauce all over her face.

-Andy