"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Bloggety blog blog

I had a screaming-at-the-top-of-our-lungs fight with my brother a few months back about blogs and blogging. He's anti-blog for all the usual reasons (boring, narcissistic, etc.) but what he hates most is the word: B L O G. Why? Well, I guess it sounds stupid. I tried to explain that it's a useful contraction, but of course he knew this, and it didn't seem to alter his opinion. I should, in the interest of full disclosure, note that he had had a fair amount of whiskey by the time the conversation turned to blogging.

So does the world need another blog? Of course not. This is an experiment.

No comments: