"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Saturday, January 31, 2004

New Year Blogging

This is the year of the Monkey. The Chinese calendar turned last week, and in honor of the simian year to come, I've made a few resolutions.

1) Shave my head. (I did this already, last Thursday at midnight.)
2) Lay off the sauce. (Haven't done this yet--more below.)
3) Write more poems.
4) Write my PhD prospectus. (A draft is due in less than two weeks. Haven't done it.)
5) Be nicer.
6) Lose weight. (Thirty pounds would be nice.)
7) Get out more.

This afternoon I got out twice. First for lunch: a pork shoulder, gruyere, and onion sandwich at one of the few good local eateries. Salad of frizzy greens on the side. I skipped wine and desert. Good boy. #7

I was very polite to my server. #5

I got out again (#7) for a trip to the liquor store for some George Dickel Tennessee Whiskey. This was an impulse buy and doesn't help me satisfy #2 above.

I thought about writing the prospectus, but then watched some television instead and looked at a new cookbook.



No comments: