"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Supersuckers

Last night I caught the Supersuckers at the WOW Hall. A good show, rawk-n-roll all the way. Cowboy hats, sweat, snotty attitude, confused teenagers, confused middle-aged hippies, and so forth. Highlight: the cover of "Hey Ya" at the end. I saw a couple of rock purist fucks walk out when they busted into it, but most folks stayed on and grooved. Hannah called me a "fuckin' pussy" or something along those lines because I had to sit down half-way through the show. I can't help it--I'm old. My feet hurt, I was drunk. Besides, I'm saving my rock and roll energy for the Pixies.

Before the show, we met at the Dive Bar & Grill for food and drink. I had a pint of ESB and a Scotch on the rocks. I also ate something called a Texas Cheesesteak, which would have been good, I think, if not for the crumble-crumble fall away bread. I ended up with a mess. The potato salad was pretty good, though--tangy, not too sweet, uneven texture, which I like. Hannah's Goat Cheese Plate became a Goat Cheese salad, which caused much confusion. Finally, though, the goat cheese was eaten with little bits of sun-dried tomato and cute garlic crouton-things. Damn. I'm getting hungry.

No comments: