"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Friday, July 02, 2004

Happy 4th

Playlist: Almost Independence Day, Van Morrison; Fourth of July, X. Fourth of July, Pete Droge.

Weekend movies. Playing at the Bijou is, of course, Fahrenheit 9/11, and a late night showing of The Big Lebowski. Dude.

*

Tonight I will be attending my second-ever baseball game and my first minor league game. I plan on drinking overpriced beer and eating overpriced hot dogs.

*

Public Apology to April Putnam for bungling facts about asparagus and Van Morrison in this space. Next time, though, use the comment box, or the telephone. Not that there's anything wrong with using your husband, or anything, since I like to see him too, but I wouldn't mind hearing a word from you every so often, especially if I am bungling facts.

*

Current Reading:
Undying Love or Love Dies, Jalal Toufic
The Sense Record, Jennifer Moxley
Final Girl, Daphne Gottlieb (yay Soft Skull!)
North True South Bright, Dan Beachy-Quick
Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami

Most of these are loaners from Twemlow, who is a slightly better golfer than me. When he's not busy fighting sheep, he's eating them, and this too, is all right with me.

*

Does anybody know how to contact Harryette Mullen? She doesn't respond to her UCLA email.

*

The worst movie ever: A Murder of Crows. Oh, Cuba!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anthony Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anthony Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How was the baseball game?

Anthony Robinson said...

Didn't make it to the baseball game due to technical difficulties. Next time, though...

And I was really looking forward to seeing Hoppes, too!