"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Monday, June 28, 2004

Acquired Since This Morning

The Provence Cookbook, Patricia Wells

A Taste of Turkish Cuisine, Nur Ilkin & Sheilah Kaufman

Cooking One On One, John Ash

Innocence, Tim Botta

*

I haven't read the cookbooks yet, but I'm already half-way through Botta's chapbook. It's marvelous. What would you get if Aaron Tieger, Aaron Belz, and Anthony Robinson mated and had a baby? You get Tim Botta. Of course, I am attracted to his writing because I see a lot of myself, a lot of lucky error here, but also the work of my two favorite Aaron poets. This is Futurama, not Simpsons. Without a hint of post-modern irony or hoo-ha, without foof, not afraid to feel, Botta's book is generous, playful, rigorous, accessible, but not simple. Buy one! Or two!

2 comments:

Aaron McCollough said...

If you cut Aaron McCollough, does he not bleed?

Anthony Robinson said...

Hmm...I'm not sure if Aaron McCollough bleeds or not. I've never cut him. I am aware that I often mention Belz and Tieger in tandem, but I think that's because we have the same nerd tendencies (D&D, indie rock, being dorks). I don't really "know" Aaron McCollough. I've never actually met Aaron Tieger, but we've exchanged enough email that I feel like I "know" him. I do know Aaron Belz, and have gotten drunk with him, and have eaten food with him and have admired beautiful girls with him. Aaron McCollough is cool though. And a mighty fine poet, even if I can't always spell his name. Aaron McC---I'll send more love your way in the future.