"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Monday, October 18, 2004

But I'm a Nice Guy, Really I am...

So I've been feeling sick all weekend. This morning it got worse--I think it's flu. I'm glad George Bush didn't get his flu shot this year; maybe there's one left for me. So I canceled both of my classes today, and plan on sitting home watching Molto Mario. I was thinking, hey, I'm a little bit sick. No problem. I'll just eat some hot soup, drink tea, and try to remain in relatively good spirits.

And then, this landed in my email a few minutes ago:

"This is in response to your rather stupid and inane post to Ron Silliman's blog regarding the "fact" that I dislike fact [sic] people.

I don't care to ever hear from you again, moron.

X---- X----, Associate Professor
SUNY-Delhi"

*

I've supressed the sender's name, but anyone who's hung out in blog comment boxes, or been on BuffPo in the past year or so can probably figure out who this guy is. Well, I think he's insane. He's been known to time and again make racist, misogynist, and harrassing comments to people he deems too "PC" or too "multicultural" or as he mentions above, too overweight. Now, after months of silence, I'm being harrassed because of a fairly innocuous comment I made in Silliman's comment box.

Furthermore, the "I don't care to ever hear from you again, moron" makes it sound as if he hears from me all the time. He doesn't. After he was kicked off a list-serv I'm on, mainly for being a very stubborn and unapologetic sexist, racist, and general pig, he began to back-channel me incessantly, insisting he was just kidding, and that I was a good guy, and so on and so forth. Those who are familiar with this man know that this is his standard operating procedure. I ignored and deleted these emails. Now he's back. Sigh.

If I had a really really big can of Raid.....

3 comments:

shanna said...

ew. i don't even have to look (and am not about to anyway, what with the supremely tedious in-fighting apparently going on over there anywya) to know who you're talking about. forget about it. not worth the time and trouble.

Victoria Chang said...

One word: looney.

Anthony Robinson said...

The scary thing is, this guy's a college professor.