"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Win a Date with Tony!

Okay, lissen up peeps. Here's the deal:

John Cale is playing The Shed on Nov 1. I want to go, but I hate going to shows alone. I'm looking for a "date." Eugene area folks are invited to apply.

Send a short (50 words or less) essay describing why you should accompany me to John Cale. Your prize: a John Cale show in my company, free of charge.

Do it now! Do it for America. Don't let the terrorists win.

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Can I nominate someone else? How far is Eugene from Portland?

Anthony Robinson said...

Laurel, of course!

Eugene is a 90 minute drive from Portland.

Anonymous said...

I'd go as long as you promise to put out. I hear you are dirty like Christina Aguilera. I apologize for mentioning Christina Aguilera in your blog. I thought it would be fun for you to have a link to her website on your blog.

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect candidate, local, brilliant, beautiful. And you already know here. Think, Tony, think...

Anonymous said...

Fine... I can understand not liking "anonymous" messages... My name is Kim. I have a friend in common with you, Ashley. I posted anonymously because I was in a hurry, and have no interest in setting up my own blog space. But I saw your date comment, and thought I would try to help out. Does this make it better?

Anthony Robinson said...

Hi Kim,

I probably met you or something and now I'm embarrassed because I don't remember. In any case, I'm sorry if my other post seemed harsh--I forget that I sometimes get readers who aren't familiar with my foulmouthed ways. And I thought you were Nick Twemlow, who often posts anonymously, and who knows it annoys me.

Mystery solved!

Are you a poetry-type person who reads my blog or a food type person or a neither type person? Curious.

tony

Anonymous said...

I never post anonymously. You're just paranoid.