"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Five Thoughts for November 23rd.

I will somnabulate to the photograph of your naked back, slightly curved, framed in flannel, and feel not shame, but relief. I will believe in maps, in red lines.

Make cookies, not babies. This is the first working prototype from my new slogan factory. I will create many slogans, using open-source technology. Others may originate slogans, but will not engender them. Boys’ slogans and girls’ slogans are the same slogans.

Yesterday I found a cell phone in the rain. I took it home and placed it in a basket on the kitchen counter. Every few hours it vibrates horribly. I turn up the television, smoke another joint, hunker down.

I dreamt of treading water. I dreamt of taking off my shoes. I believed in a power greater than you, but not me. When God laughs, it sounds not like thunder, but small children crying.

Side by side, we are in context. Apart, we make different noises. We require new costumes for this drama. I already have the fancy shoes. Do you have a pirate shirt?

No comments: