"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Top Shelf

Following Zach Schomburg’s lead, I decided to post the contents of my top shelf here. This is actually only one of six “top shelves” in my home. It’s located about ten feet behind me in my office.



From left to right: Blankets, Craig Thomspson (graphic novel); Epoch 52(3) (Ammons Special Issue); Fulcrum 2; City Poet, Brad Gooch; Paris Review 154 (The Poetry Issue); A Poet’s Bible, David Rosenberg; The Collected Books of Jack Spicer; Making Your Own Days, Kenneth Koch; Alfred and Guinevere; James Schuyler; Genesis 1-11, J. Rogerson; Introduction to Derrida, Collins & Mayblin (a sort of “dummies” approach to deconstruction); Sun Out, Kenneth Koch; In the Beginning, Karen Armstrong; Riddley Walker, Russell Hoban; Frank O’Hara: Poet Among Painters, Marjorie Perloff; The Day Reagan Died, Chris Martin (chapbook); Fourteen Hills: The SFSU Review 9(1); Timberline 1999; And the Stars Were Shining, John Ashbery; The Latest Winter, Maggie Nelson; Worth, Robyn Schiff; Macular Hole, Catherine Wagner; The Writing Teacher’s Sourcebook; Confessions of a Crap Artist, Philip K. Dick; Days & Nights, Kenneth Koch; Nude Siren, Peter Richards; Morning Constitutional, Michael Magee; American Sonnets, Gerald Stern; Eight American Poets, ed. Joe Connaroe; All of Us, Raymond Carver; Negative Blue, Charles Wright; The Strength of Poetry, James Fenton; The Crystal Text, Clark Coolidge.

In front: Stack 1: The Alice B. Toklas Cookbook; Skein #2; Houseboat Days, John Ashbery; Axel’s Castle, Edmund Wilson; The Concept of Modernism, Astradur Eyssteinson

Stack 2: Isn’t it Romantic, eds. Brett Fletcher Lauer & Aimee Kelley; Lungfull! 10; Innocence, Tim Botta; The Collected Poems of Frank O’Hara; Selected Poems, Kenneth Koch.

3 comments:

Mark Lamoureux said...

I'm glad we (Fulcrum, I'm the managing editor) made it to your top stack.

Do you have a copy of Fulcrum 3? If not, let me know and I can send you a review copy.

Best,
Mark L.

Anthony Robinson said...

Mark,

I do not have a Fulcrum 3, though I'd love a copy.

Backchannel me for mailing address.

Tony

Zachary Schomburg said...

Thanks for playing along. From this particular shelf of yours we share the Skein and the Paris Review. I want that Ashbery though. Thats what I'd ask to borrow if I were visiting you in this particular room, at this particular shelf.

What are you cookin' for Thanksgiving?