"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Friday, June 10, 2005

New Poem & Other Trivia

I wrote a new poem today. I think it may be the best thing I've written for the "Don't Get Me Started" project.

Also today, I've felt hungover all day, but I'm not hungover.

I'm suspiciously antsy today. Ants in my pants. My corduroy pants.

Lots of social events to attend this week/weekend, but I'm not feeling all that social. There's a 2nd year MFA student reading going on tonite, and though i'm not a fan of that crowd in general, one of my friends is reading. To go or not to go?

My iTunes cannot tell the difference between Kate Bush, Uncle Tupelo, or Tom Petty. It thinks that all songs by all three artists are Kate Bush songs, particularly those from "Hounds of Love." "Cloudbusting" sounds suspiciously like "It's Good to be King."

People have been telling me that they really like it when I actually write about poetry on here. Too bad I don't have much to say.

No comments: