"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Friday, June 10, 2005

Recently Acquired

Home Movies, Season Two

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (w/ extra disc, featuring Seu Jorge playing a whole mess of Bowie songs.)

A broadside of Jess Mynes’ poem, “in West Virginia, in 1938.” This is a gorgeous poem, reminiscent of Ceravolo. Perhaps I’ll post it here soon. If Jess doesn’t mind.

A book on marathoning for the non-marathoner.

A trio of books from Apogee press (freebies for being The Canary guy): Tsering Wangmo Dhompa, Maxine Chernoff, Stefanie Marlis.

4 comments:

Jess Mynes said...

Post away! I'm flattered.

gina said...

Hi Tony!

I saw Maxine Chernoff read from her now-new-book-then-manuscript-in-progress two years ago, and the gift idea was really interesting. I was excited to see it has come out.

Hope all is well--

Anonymous said...

will you PLEASE comment on why you are fond of Life Aquatic. i love wes andderson and i'm hating myself for not loving that movie. please, any insight appreciated.
thanks
A. Nonimuss

Anthony Robinson said...

Um...I like the movie. I like the look of it. I like Bill Murray. I LOVE David Bowie.

I mean, what else can I say? It's funny, a little sad, and rather action-packed at times. JEff Goldblum is really funny and Willem DeFoe is funny and forlorn.

I could go on..