"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Thursday, August 25, 2005

And the winner is...

Actually, I'd like to note a few things.

I received a modest number of submssions.

Most were from white males over the age of 30. Is this my demographic?

One was from a female, under 30.

Heterosexuals outnumbered homosexuals by 2 to 1.

One poet submitted twice.

I actually enjoyed reading every submission! That's gotta be some kind of first. But, seriously, there were no stinkers in the bunch! The poems I found least aesthetically compatible with my own idea of "interesting poetry" were also the youngest poets. Coincidence? I don't know. But I liked those poems too!

The most "lightweight" but most amusing poem came from a Professor of Spanish.

I've decided to award publication to two poets, as I liked two poems especially much. I have declared a tie.

So the winners are Andy Carter of Emporia, Kansas and David Shapiro of NYC.

Congratulations!

Go to Poetry Less Than Daily tomorrow to see the winning poems.

Thanks for playing!

2 comments:

Silent said...

I'm honored tony..and I'm sorry for contributing uninterestingly(?) to the demographic of your blog.

Unknown said...

Wow. See what happens when I go out of town? Damn you for having five more weeks of summer left.