"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Simple Things

Earl Grey and honey.

I have resolved to have a better day at work today than yesterday. I mean, I really can't complain much--after six months on the job, yesterday was my first truly bad day. Most of it was simply frustration. I couldn't get a straight answer from anybody about our "official" policy on maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings. Well, it appears that there is no policy. The front office schedules willy-nilly, and just because they put something on Y's calendar does not mean it will appear on X's calendar, even if both X and Y need to be at the same place at the same time. Before learning this, I asked several of my colleagues what they thought the policy was and, as I guess I should have expected, I got a different answer from each of them.

The bottom line for me is that for some reason, the front office folks scheduled my mandatory meetings for a full five months. And about a month ago they stopped doing this. And they still schedule meetings for some people but there is no consistent application of any rule. Every person for him or herself.

*

With that out of the way, I hope I can relax today. The usual Northwest Review meeting has been canceled, so I can count on coming home a couple hours early. Now I just need to find me a hobby.

No comments: