"I am an idealistic, naive, passionate, truth-seeking, spiritually motivated artist, unschooled in the science of law and finance." --Wesley Snipes

Monday, November 21, 2005

I took a break.

From dissertating.
From grading.
From worrying.
From doing the dishes.

*

Now I have a lot of stuff to do and not much time to do it before Thanksgiving, including baking two pies.

*

Ginger has revived interest in the New Sincerity.

*

Have I mentioned how great the new Kate Bush is? I've been on a Kate Bush kick all week. Yay! Kate has also helped with my struggle against stress. So has running. This morning: 3 miles in 32 degrees F. (That's freezing for your Centigraders.)

*

I promise I'll write something interesting about poetry here some time soon. Right now, though, I'm going to lay down for a bit.

1 comment:

The Marpepps! said...

I am seriously impressed by your run. I am also very happy you are taking a rest--it seems we all need a moment right now.